Thursday, December 22, 2011

Mahou Sensei Negima!



An anime-loving guy friend of mine told me about this anime. He said that the girls were beautiful and interesting. So, I decided to check it for myself, to see how good it is.

Like all typical harem and ecchi animes, this one shows us many unnecessary panty-flashing, boob-bursting, girl shrieking scenes. A ten year old genius who aims to become a successful mage someday is tasked to teach in an all girl's school. Turns out, that his teaching job does not only require mental skills but physical endurance(the girls are hard to control!) as well!



 This is our cute little mage, Negima-sensei! Frankly I can't  blame the girls for quarreling over him. I would love to pinch those cheeks of his, too!

One disappointment: He's not as genius as I thought he would be. He's naive, too kind and a bit of a push-over sometimes. He's not perfect at magic, either. But, over-all, he's not so bad.


The character I hate most: ASUNA! She's Mahou's resident Tsundere, tomboyish, tough, bad at academics, aggressive and annoying. Hard on the outside, yet soft on the inside. Personally, I would think of her as one of the most cliche characters in the anime. I wonder if the mangaka planned to make her Negima's main('cause Negima's got a horde of girls crazy about his cuteness!) love interest.






One other character I dislike!

Takahaka-sensei is Asuna's secret(not so secret) passion! Though, I can't see why she would be attracted to this gray-haired, sleepy-eyed teacher. He's not even remotely interesting, but... oh well XD






I didn't bother to go on reading the manga... too boring and disappointing in my case. I can say though that the manga is far better than the anime.


Don't get me wrong, though. I'm not saying the manga or the anime is terrible. It's just not my taste. For those who enjoy love comedies, high school set animes/mangas with cute high school girls and flashy outfits on the side, then Negima is one you would definitely enjoy! ^0^

No comments:

Post a Comment